5.10.2009

The Creator of Everything


"They traded the truth of God for a lie. They worshiped and served what had been created instead of the God who created those things, who should be praised forever. Amen."
-Romans 1:25



How true is this everyday...it seems extreme (worshiping things). Everyone must hear that and think "I don't worship things, that's crazy". What we don't get though is that you can still worship these things without bowing down on your knees. What do I worship? all of my things that I spend my time and money with....time that I could have spent worshiping God instead....and money that I could have done so many good things with. I sit here looking at my closet full of clothes and shoes that I just had to have. What good are they if my ultimate goal is to be saved by Christ and go to heaven when I die. I can't take these material things with me. They are nothing. mere dust. Some days I spend more time trying to decide where to put all these things in my apartment then i do worshiping the God who loves me. Too often my days are spent serving objects.....and all these things are nothing. I love this verse because it makes it so clear that here we all are worshiping things instead of the God that created them. Why praise something so little as material things when we could be praising the God who created EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...