3.01.2010

Patience

"Therefore let us stop passing judgement on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way"

Romans 14:13

What I am learning: There are two kinds of patience...One being endurance in relation to things or circumstances. The other is patience towards others. This second type of patience only comes from being filled with the holy spirit. We cannot both judge others and be patient towards them. They are contradiciting in every sense. I can never have patience for someone if I am clouded by my judgement of them, and who am I to judge when I most likely do many of the same things I condemn in others. People can never be the judge of sin because we do not know the whole truth, and we judge to make ourselves feel more righteous in comparison. That is not why God judges, because only he has noble purpose behind his judgements.

"Let us fall into the hands of the Lord, for his mercy is great; but do not let me fall into the hands of men."
-Samuel 24:14-

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...