8.29.2010

Big Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies


BIG BATCH Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/3 cup Margarine ( I used butter)
2 cups white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4 eggs
4 tsp. Vanilla

4 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt

Chocolate chips (regular bag sized...I don't know the oz.)

Cream butter and sugars, and then beat in eggs and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients together and then stir into the wet ingredients. Next, add the chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.


This recipe makes a lot of cookies (hence the name "Big Batch")  so be prepared to be sick of baking them by the time you bake a dozen pans of them. The time is worth it though. Trust me. These are the cookies I grew up with. another way to make these cookies even better is to make them with extra chocolate chips. Because by the time you get to the last few pans there seems to be more dough than chocolate chips. So I add extra chips at this point. Because we all know that a chocolate chip cookie with only two chocolate chips is pathetic.

These can also be made into bars....just place dough into cake pan or some other "bar" pan I guess.

Another note is that these cookies are perfect for freezing to make at a later date. Because it goes without saying that B and I do not need a whole batch of cookies to be sitting around our apartment, so after I pawned off a plate on a friend and my sister I decided to freeze the rest. Next time I need a chocolate fix I can just pop in a pan of ready to bake cookies. The problem with this plan however, is that frozen cookie dough is actually more delicious than cookies at times. So when I open my freezer and see a bag cookie dough I can't help but eat one. My recommendation is then to hide the bag from yourself in the back of your freezer.

NOTE: this "hiding" method has been pretty unsuccessful but perhaps you will will have better luck/self control ;)

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...