10.21.2009

quiet mornings

I woke up a little early this morning for work. If I have a few minutes to relax in the morning the entire day seems to go by less frantic. Just me, a cup of coffee, toast with raspberry preserves. Perfect. I need mornings like this to get me through a 10 hour day with two year-olds. Don't get me wrong, I love the kids, but days always have their stressful moments. Usually they occur about the entire hour before nap. The kids are crabby and ready for nap, and it's all you can do just to get to nap time. Then you take a deep breath and listen to lullabies while rubbing backs. Patience is rebuilt during nap time, and trust me- Patience is a must. I am going to miss my kids so incredibly much when this semester is over. It will be a new experience not working there during school. Yes it's not the most carefree college job, but I've grown to love it. There is always something to make you laugh or smile most days. Even on the crazy days in toddler land, I still love to sit down and play with the kids. Back to my coffee and quiet time. '

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...