9.22.2010

First Day of Fall (and silly bandz)

Today is the first day of Fall. (the.....autumn equinox to be exact) Did I even spell that right? I should probably make sure I can spell the words that I am trying to impress you with.

I wish I could say I celebrated with a pumpkin spice latte, but I did not. I did however find a CAN OF PUMPKIN at the grocery store the other day. It was actually pretty humorous that there was this one lonely can on the empty shelf. That can was waiting for me. Seriously. I have never been so excited to see a can of pumpkin in my life. But now I am torn, because I am not willing to crack open and use it. But I will, eventually.

I am not sure if you are aware of the new exciting things in schools (at least my school).

Silly Bandz = Bracelets that are shaped like animals and every other random thing you can imagine. (see picture below)



My students have these lining their arms. Boys and girls...and then they "trade" them. We had to have the talk today about how they will not be allowed in the classroom if they are a distraction (I know what you are thinking...what a mean teacher....sorry guys haha) It had to be done.

Well enough about silly bandz (oh and don't just call them bracelets because you will be corrected. Trust me. I guess it's the new Furbi or Giga-pet....ha.

Goodnight (I'm off to bed early) mmmm sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for finding pumpkin! I hear there is some here in the cities, so if I see any I'll stock up on a few cans :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...