5.17.2011

I'll take a lazy few days...

We had a great weekend.

It was nice to get away for a few days and not have anything that needs to be done around the apartment in my constant view. (laundry, cleaning, organizing, job applications, etc.)

Ben and I managed to sneak out of town on Thursday afternoon since he happened to have Friday off. AND being the flexible substitute teacher that I am, I simply didn't pick up a job for the day.

Before heading out of town we stopped at one our favorite burrito places for a quick lunch, and then drove through Starbucks for a coffee. I couldn't have asked for a better start to our weekend.

We had a lovely evening making homemade pizza and reading on the couch. We also happened to take a three hour nap in the late afternoon. (I'm not sure if you can even call three hours a nap anymore) It did manage to disrupt our sleeping schedule a bit, but we managed to get to bed around one in the morning. Naps are wonderful. I always despised them when my mom made me take them as a child. (Now I realize however that it was more due to the fact that she wanted to take a nap...)

My parents and little brother (who is taller than me) showed up on Friday and we proceeded to have a weekend full of card games, delicious food and a little Xbox Kinect (my arms are still sore).


 my cinnamon dolce latte


 my new favorite pair of shoes.

 bud.

 crepes for breakfast. my favorite.









 My pup of 11 or so years. Chaz.

Our quiet lake.


Now that the week is almost halfway done it has been nice to look back at these photos...

My last two days have been spent teaching elementary Phy-ed... First grade through 5th grade. It was a fun couple of days spent outside playing wiffle ball/tee ball. Even with sunscreen my face has developed a nice all around red hue. I also have a burnt neck except for a white line where my neck lanyard was attached to my name badge. Here's to an odd summer tan so far :)


2 comments:

  1. so happy I stumbled upon your blog tonight! Cant wait to keep reading!

    akboie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...