5.01.2011

A little story



I've tried really hard this winter to not complain about the cold.

I reminded myself that the summers make it worth it to fight through the long months of winter.

I drank a lot of coffee and hot chocolate.

I drove carefully and never got stuck or went into the ditch.

I read a lot of books under cozy blankets.

I ran on the treadmill in the 5 X 5 room downstairs that heats up like a sauna.

I remembered how much I like wearing/buying winter coats, and making new scarves.

I had a nice rotation of sweaters to wear to all my substitute jobs.

I perfected my walking on ice skills. You NEVER lock your knees and walk like you expect to fall at any moment so that your balance correcting maneuvers are always in the ready.

I embraced my translucently pale skin.

I did all of this because I was convinced that it would eventually be over. ahhhhhh spring.

THEN WHY IS THERE SNOW ON THE GROUND IN MAY?!?!?!


the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...