5.24.2011

A packing list of sorts

TWO DAYS.

and I still need to pack (gulp)

I will, maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow night. Not Thursday morning. I promise. I don't pack well in the morning.

I have my bag sitting out on my bed. It's emptiness mocks me when I walk by it. So I closed our bedroom door.

There are a few other things calling my name before I begin you see...

reading my book.
blogging.
job applications.
coffee/thrifting with Ellie.
folding that last load of laundry.
taking a nap.

haha. I'm pathetic.

At least I have one of my books picked out for the trip. 

Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis










I read it a few years ago,
 but it is the kind of book that you can pick up and learn something new from it every time. 




I am still trying to decide what novel I want to read on the trip...

Any ideas?

Oh and my lovely summer shoes will of course be packed....
they are so comfortable, and I usually convince myself that they work with most things I wear day to day.


I already picked up two bags of this stuff...



(I might share)

Oh and all of these things will be packed in my large weekender bag pictures below. 




Oh and P.S.
Ben is done packing. I would like to say I packed right along side him...but no. It looked more like me reading my book on the couch drinking coffee while he packed. He would come out to the living room to ask me a question every minute, so I think the attempt to read was fruitless.
It was lovely to have a morning to spend together, usually one or both of us is working. He also woke me up to a delicious breakfast :)

I'll pack tonight.
promise. 

6 comments:

  1. glad I'm not the only one :)

    Then again, I'm sure Ellie isn't packed...last I heard she was cleaning her room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! Looking forward to hearing all of the travel adventures! Did Zach get his permit? I forgot to ask you last night. See you tomorrow!
    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled across your blog via Arielle's, and I'm excited to start following! I love Mere Christianity. I've read it a few times, and I feel I always learn something new from the book depending upon what's happening in my life at the time. It's a must read for anyone, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I can't wait to dive into it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun on your trip Britta!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...