11.08.2010

12 Hour School Day

Conferences today.

It made for a long day. And unfortunately I have saved a large amount of homework to finish up tonight so it will end up being a long night. I keep telling myself it's a short week. A Short Week. Only get to Wednesday. I can do it. Yes. Positive thinking.

Haha Yes.

Other positive thoughts for you.

1. It is November and I can still get away with not wearing a coat most days. It's incredible.


2. My sister's soccer team is going to Nationals. GO COBBERS! (shhhh- don't tell anyone I am cheering for them)




3. I am planning a lesson on the illustrations from the book, "The Mystery of Harris Burdick". The book is made up on illustrations that are given a title and a single caption. They truly spur one's imagination. I have included a few examples below.


 Legend has it that Burdick was interested in having some of his short stories published, so he met with a Publisher to give him the illustrations with captions from his stories in hopes the Publisher would be interested. After giving the illustrations a look, the Publisher tried to get a hold of Burdick for more information, but he never heard back because Burdick had disappeared without a trace!
MR. LINDEN'S LIBRARY
"He had warned her about the book. Now it was too late."


   



THE SEVEN CHAIRS
   "The fifth one ended up in France."
 





THE THIRD-FLOOR BEDROOM
"It all began when someone left the window open."

Okay back to work. Goodnight people :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...